Backup & Restore Wallet
Enable your Signal PIN
A Signal PIN is used to recover the wallet linked to your Signal account if you lose your phone or install the Signal app on a new phone. The PIN is unknown to Signal and it can not be reset if you forget it. To activate your wallet, you must have a Signal PIN enabled in Profile > Settings > Account.
Restore wallet with your PIN
Your balance will automatically restore when you reinstall Signal if you confirm your Signal PIN.
It's okay if you uninstalled your Signal. Just Reinstall it and recover your wallet with your PIN or 24 word passphrase.
- If you remember your Signal PIN, you can recover settings and the wallet linked to your Signal account.
- If you do not know your Signal PIN, you can register and restore the wallet linked to your Signal account with the 24 word passphrase. Follow the steps listed above.
View wallet passphrase
You can also restore your balance using a recovery phrase, which is a 24-word phrase unique to you. Write it down and store it in a safe place. You can view this list again after creating.
- Go to Signal Settings > Payments > Menu > View Recovery Phrase.
- Tap Start.
- Record the 24 words in order.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the two words that are requested.
- Tap Done.
- Recovery passphrase is saved the first time you complete this.
Note: There is a limit to your attempts.
Restore wallet with passphrase
Restore the wallet linked to your Signal account by using the recovery passphrase you previously recorded. Your recovery passphrase is a total of 24 words.
- Have your 24 words available.
- Go to Signal Settings > Payments > Restore Payments Account.
- Tap Start.
- Enter a word.
- Select Next.
- Repeat until all 24 words are entered in order.
- Review the recovery phrase list.
- Tap Next to submit the passphrase.
- If the passphrase is not correct you will start again from the beginning.